Terms of Service
If you reside in or outside of the Sierra Leone, your agreement is with Awoko Newspaper in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
We refer to all Awoko Newspaper Companies collectively as “Awoko Publications” or “we” throughout this agreement.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by Awoko Newspaper, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Our Services are not directed to children. Access to and use of our Services is only for those over the age of 13 (or 16 in the European Union). If you are younger than this, you may not register for or use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older (16 years or older in the European Union).
Use of our Services requires an Awoko Newspaper account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Awoko Newspaper.
- Your Awoko Newspaper Account. If you create an account on Awoko Newspaper, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must immediately notify Awoko Newspaper of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. Awoko Newspaper will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- The responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account , comment on a listing, post material to Awoko Newspaper, post links on Awoko Newspaper, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Awoko Newspaper, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these Terms. By submitting Content to Awoko Newspaper for inclusion on your post, you grant Awoko Newspaper a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your post. This license allows Awoko Newspaper to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by Awoko Newspaper, so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services. You also give other Awoko Newspaper users permission to share your Content on other Awoko Newspaper websites and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your listing. If you delete Content, Awoko Newspaper will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Awoko Newspaper, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Awoko Newspaper has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Awoko Newspaper’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your username or listing’s URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in Awoko Newspaper’s reasonable opinion, violates any Awoko Newspaper policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Awoko Newspaper to any individual or entity for any reason. Awoko Newspaper will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Web Traffic. We use a third party, google analytics, to measure Awoko Newspaper’s audience and usage. By hosting your post on Awoko Newspaper, you agree to assign the traffic relating to your post to Awoko Newspaper and authorize us to sign a Traffic Assignment Letter on your behalf for Google Analytics audience measurement reports. Your listing’s traffic will be included under Awoko Newspaper. You understand that your listing will not receive credit for traffic in these reports, and you must not assign your listing’s traffic to any other party. If we or Google Analytics require additional documentation to verify ownership of your listing, you agree to make reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests.
- We offer free HTTPS on all Awoko Newspaper listings by default.
- Awoko Newspaper reserves the right to display advertisements on your listing unless you have purchased a plan that includes the removal of ads.
- Awoko Newspaper reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your listing footer or toolbar, attributing Awoko Newspaper, for example. The toolbar may not be altered or removed. Attribution text or links may only be hidden if you are subscribed to Awoko Newspaper Business or VIP.
There are certain features offered via WooCommerce, WooCommerce Services, or Awoko Newspaper that enable you to sell items (goods, content, services, etc.) on Awoko Newspaper (“E-commerce Features”). If you use WooCommerce, the WooCommerce Use Terms also apply.
- Usage of Information. WooCommerce Services may require Awoko Newspaper’s servers, a connection to our partners, and/or data from your listing; you agree to such request by using this Awoko Newspaper.
- Prohibited Uses. You may not use E-commerce Features for any unlawful purposes, or in furtherance of illegal activities. We may terminate your access to E-commerce Features if we determine (in our sole discretion) that your use is in any way harmful or objectionable.
- The responsibility of Visitors.
Awoko Newspaper has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot, therefore, be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Awoko Newspaper does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Awoko Newspaper disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Fees, Payment, and Renewal.
- Some of our Services are offered for a fee — such as advertising, while other Services may be free with optional paid upgrades, such as a Awoko Newspaper plan (“Paid Services”). By using a Paid Service, you agree to pay the specified fees, which we’ll bill or charge you for in regular intervals (such as monthly, annually, or biennially), on a pre-pay basis until you cancel, which you can do at any time by contacting the relevant support team.
- If your payment fails or Paid Services are otherwise not paid for on time, we may immediately cancel or revoke your access to the Paid Services. If you contact your bank or credit card Company to decline or reverse the charge of fees for Paid Services, we may revoke your access to our Services in general.
- Automatic Renewal. To ensure uninterrupted service, our Paid Services are automatically renewed. This means that unless you cancel a Paid Service before the end of the applicable subscription period, it will automatically renew, and you authorize us to invoice you or use any payment mechanism we have on record for you to collect the then-applicable subscription fee (as well as any taxes). Your Paid Services are renewed for the same interval of time. For example, if you purchase a Awoko Newspaper annual plan, you will be charged each year.
- While you may cancel a Paid Service at any time, refunds are issued at our sole discretion.
- Fee Changes. We may change our fees at any time. When applicable, we may give you advance notice of the fee changes. If you don’t agree with the fee changes, you can cancel your Paid Service.
- Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages to which Awoko Newspaper links, and that link to Awoko Newspaper. Awoko Newspaper does not have any control over those non-Awoko Newspaper websites and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Awoko Newspaper website, Awoko Newspaper does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Awoko Newspaper disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Awoko Newspaper websites and web pages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As Awoko Newspaper asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Awoko Newspaper violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Awoko Newspaper. Awoko Newspaper will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Awoko Newspaper will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Awoko Newspaper or others. In the case of such termination, Awoko Newspaper will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Awoko Newspaper.
- Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from Awoko Newspaper to you any Awoko Newspaper or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Awoko Newspaper. Awoko Newspaper, the Awoko Newspaper logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Awoko Newspaper or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Awoko Newspaper or Awoko Newspaper’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Awoko Newspaper or third-party trademarks.
- We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Awoko Newspaper may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Awoko Newspaper account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” Awoko Newspaper and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Awoko Newspaper nor its suppliers and licensors makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of Sierra Leone, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and other courts located in Sierra Leone.
- Arbitration Agreement.
Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Freetown, Sierra Leone, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees.
- Limitation of Liability.
In no event will Awoko Newspaper, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Awoko Newspaper under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Awoko Newspaper shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- General Representation and Warranty.
You represent and warrant that your use of our Services:
- Will be in strict accordance with this Agreement;
- Will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, the transmission of technical data exported from Sierra Leone or the country in which you reside, privacy, and data protection); and
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Economic Sanctions.
You expressly represent and warrant that your use of our Services and or associated services and products is not contrary to applicable Sanctions. Such use is prohibited, and Awoko Newspaper reserves the right to terminate accounts or access of those in the event of a breach of this condition.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Awoko Newspaper, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Awoko Newspaper and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Awoko Newspaper, or by the posting by Awoko Newspaper of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Awoko Newspaper may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
You may contact us at contact
Effective Date: June 1, 2019